PVA’s Look Ahead to 2020Posted By PVA Admin on January 1, 2020
Happy New Year! As we begin this new year and this new decade, we wish you and your family, and all our veterans, health, hope, and happiness in 2020.
They inspire PVA staff to do what we do – be the leading advocate for veterans with spinal cord injury or disorders, and diseases like MS and ALS. PVA members have faced a major life change, yet they thrive every day in the face of adversity and limitations. During this new year we hope they will find new endeavors, new experiences, and new opportunities that enrich their lives with meaning and purpose.
In this new year, our work goes on:
- Our medical team continues to monitor VA facilities and fight for the best care
- Our architectural team continues their efforts to make life more accessible for people with disabilities
- The PVA Research Foundation continues to fund scientists in grant projects across the U.S. and Canada
- Our adaptive sports programs continue to grow
- Our veterans employment program, PAVE, continues to place hundreds of veterans in meaningful jobs
- Our National Service Officers continue to assist with claims and help veterans secure earned benefits
- We continue our tireless advocacy efforts to improve air travel for people with disabilities, as well as prioritizing a variety of other issues that impact our members
We begin each day with the fresh hope that we can help more veterans, make more progress with our initiatives, and educate more people about what we do. The future is bright.
It is bright because our members are unstoppABLE, and so are our supporters! We simply could not do this important work without the generous involvement of our partners, corporate supporters and donors. Together, we can continue to ensuring that our veterans have the health care, support, and opportunities that are essential to live lives that are full of meaning and purpose.
We hope you will join us in 2020 on our mission.