Join the more than 16,000 proud members of Paralyzed Veterans of America! As a member, you’ll become part of a family of men and women united to make the world better for veterans and all people with disabilities.
Benefits of Membership
PVA membership opens up a world of programs and services designed to help you live your best life: assistance with your earned VA benefits; help with employment and higher education; sports and recreation opportunities; and a window into our important research and advocacy efforts.
PVA members also receive:
- Membership to one of our 33 chapters, so you can meet fellow members and participate in local social and sporting events.
- A monthly e-newsletter with updates on PVA’s programs and services, our advocacy efforts, upcoming events, member stories, and more.
- Complimentary print and digital subscriptions to PN magazine, an invaluable resource for people with SCI/D, their family members, and caregivers.
- A complimentary online subscription to Sports ‘N Spokes magazine, a resource on sports and recreation for people living with SCI/D and amputations.
- Help with higher education through our college scholarships.
- Access to a Facebook Group just for PVA members.
PVA membership is open to anyone who:
- is a citizen of the United States or its territories;
- is a veteran of the U.S. Armed Forces and whose discharge was other than dishonorable; AND
- has a spinal cord injury or disease (SCI/D).
Related diseases include:
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)
- Cauda equina syndrome
- Multiple sclerosis (MS) involving the spinal cord
- Spina bifida
- Spinal cord tumor
- Severe spinal stenosis (causing neurological impairment)
- Transverse myelitis
We welcome veterans with service-connected and non-service-connected disabilities. If your condition is not listed here, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Apply
Simply complete the form on this page! We’ll follow up with instructions for submitting your DD-214 and medical evidence of SCI/D. As medical evidence, you can have your physician complete this Physician’s Statement Form.
You can also download the printed membership application and send it to us by email or mail.
Update Your Membership Information
Notify us when your address changes so you continue to receive member benefits and other important information from PVA. Contact us to update your information.
Transfer Your Membership
We’re here to help! Contact Christi Hillman, Associate Director, Membership & Volunteer Program, at email@example.com or 800-424-8200 Ext. 776.
MEMBERSHIP RESOURCE CENTER