Benefits of Membership
PVA membership opens up a world of programs and services designed to help you live your best life: assistance with your earned VA benefits; help with employment and higher education; sports and recreation opportunities; and a window into our important research and advocacy efforts.
PVA members also receive:
- Membership to one of our 33 chapters, so you can meet fellow members and participate in local social and sporting events.
- A monthly e-newsletter with updates on PVA’s programs and services, our advocacy efforts, upcoming events, member stories, and more.
- Complimentary print and digital subscriptions to PN magazine, an invaluable resource for people with SCI/D, their family members, and caregivers.
- A complimentary online subscription to Sports 'N Spokes magazine, a resource on sports and recreation for people living with SCI/D and amputations.
- Help with higher education through our college scholarships.
- Access to a Facebook Group just for PVA members. PVA women members also receive access to a Facebook group specifically created for them, PVA Women Empowered! .
PVA membership is open to anyone who:
- is a citizen of the United States or its territories;
- is a veteran of the U.S. Armed Forces and whose discharge was other than dishonorable; AND
- has a spinal cord injury or disease (SCI/D).
Related diseases include:
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) (all Veterans qualify)
- Multiple sclerosis (MS) (all Veterans qualify)
- Cauda equina syndrome
- Spina bifida
- Spinal cord tumor
- Severe spinal stenosis (causing neurological impairment)
- Transverse myelitis
We welcome Veterans with service-connected and non-service-connected disabilities. If your condition is not listed here, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Apply
Simply complete the form on this page! We’ll follow up with instructions for submitting your DD-214 and medical evidence of SCI/D. As medical evidence, you can have your physician complete this Physician’s Statement Form.
You can also download the printed membership application and send it to us by email or mail.