For Those Who Care for our Veterans
As the caregiver for a veteran, you have our grateful support. Every day, you are “down in the trenches”, caring for our wounded men and women and providing them with physical and emotional support. Your sacrifice is perhaps the least-understood aspect of a service member’s injury. The reality is, you work behind the scenes every day of the year to help our veterans cope with the challenges of life. Which is why we have support and service options designed with you in mind. These programs are available both in and out of your home. They help lift the burden of caretaking and help you understand that you are not alone.
- VA Caregiver Support Line: 1-855-260-3274
- VA Caregiver Support
- VA Caregiver Toolbox
- Hidden Heroes – Resources for Military Caregivers
- Elizabeth Dole Foundation
- Caregivers Guide: The Comfort of Home from PN Online
- For Caregivers: Coping with Stress from PN Online
- National Council for Aging Care
- Creating a Military Caregiver-Friendly Workplace
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Announces Formation of New Veterans’ Family, Caregiver, and Survivor Advisory Committee; Names Senator Elizabeth Dole Chair
Avoiding Caregiver Burnout
PVA Staff Experts have compiled a comprehensive resource page on how you can take steps to both identify and avoid caregiver burnout during COVID-19.