Post Date:January 19, 2017
Paralyzed Veterans of America supports efforts to enforce and extend laws and regulations that advance accessibility in housing – both publicly funded and privately financed.
Paralyzed Veterans was an early supporter of the Fair Housing Amendments Act (FHAA) and works closely with the Consortium for Citizens with Disabilities (CCD) to advance housing opportunities for Americans with disabilities. For more information on CCD, visit www.c-c-d.org.
2014 Training Calendar for Fair Housing Accessibility First
HUD has just released its 2014 training calendar for Fair Housing Accessibility First. These trainings - held around the country - are free to attend and provide information about the Fair Housing accessibility requirements, monitoring compliance by housing developers and processes for filing complaints against violators. The training calendar can be found at this link.
Paralyzed Veterans of America - Advocacy in Action
- The latest report from the National Fair Housing Alliance documents that the greatest number of housing discrimination complaints are based on disability - Fair Housing Trends Report, April 2012
Read the report
- Letter sent to Congresswoman Jan Schakowsky for her introduction of the Inclusive Home Design Act, March 2012
Read the letter
- Fair Housing Act Amendments (FHAA), PN Magazine May 2009
Read the article
- Promoting Accessibility through Building Codes, 2001
- Fair Housing: How to Make the Law Work for You
Read the Brochure
Fair Housing Resources
Learn more about making a home accessible, order a copy of Accessible Home Design, 2nd edition. 1-888-860-7244