For 75 years Paralyzed Veterans of America has specialized in providing services for Veterans with MS. Services are free of charge and are offered throughout your life and beyond in support of your family. When in doubt, contact your PVA National Service Officer! www.PVA.org/NSO
- Multiple sclerosis (MS) is an unpredictable disease of the central nervous system (brain and spinal cord) that disrupts the flow of information throughout the body.
- MS triggers the immune system to attack the central nervous system which controls everything we do.
- The VA estimates there are 35,000 Veterans currently living with MS.
- A diagnosis of MS is based on medical history and neurological exam. Symptoms often occur years before a diagnosis is made.
- Neurologic symptoms occurring within 7 years of discharge, regardless of date of diagnosis, can be used to support service-connection for MS.
Provided in partnership with the MS Centers of Excellence.